Monday, May 3, 2010

Summer Scarves


Summer Scarves are great. I've lost count of the number of scarves I've crocheted during this spring season. This scarf uses Sirdar's "Baby Bamboo" DK. This was a fun yarn to work with, has a wonderfully soft feel, and displays stitch texture brilliantly.





The scarf pictured below uses Aslan Trends "Class" sport-weight--a rayon/cotton blend.



I recently started working with "Panda Soy" from Crystal Palace Yarns, using wattle stitch. This yarn is delicious, a trait this is only enhanced by the name of this color: fudge brownie. Initially I wasn't sure this stitch would work for a scarf, but this yarn seems to be working up nicely with the wattle stitch. I will likely finish the side edges with either single stitch or slip stitch after it reaches a suitable length.

No comments:

Post a Comment